Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What About That Ricoh APS-C With Leica M Mount?

The Leica GXR, announced in 2011, offers a module to mount Leica M lenses on a 12 megapixel APS-C sensor. I have not seen many results from this combination, or read many user reviews.
 
(Click Here) to read dpreview's preview of the camera. It sure looks nice.
 
Why am I thinking about this? Well, I saw this picture:
 
Image Source: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129442
 
(Click Here) to read the original post on rangefinderforum.
 
This camera requires an add-on electronic viewfinder, if you don't want to shoot from the LCD.
 
I've always been a fan of Ricoh cameras. I haven't tried any of their digital offerings. Since I have the Leica M9, this isn't too attractive to me. If I wasn't lucky enough to have the M9, this may be a serious contender, in the running with one of the new Fuji X series, to which you can adapt Leica lenses. However, the Fuji has the added feature of an optical finder, a major plus in my opinion.
 
In any case, it's nice to see such a high quality image produced with the Ricoh. I really like this shot.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment