Saturday, February 16, 2013

Skeletons From The Closet - Final Results Post From January's Camera - Pentax K1000 in New York City

I took the K1000, SMC Pentax 50mm f1.7, and SMC Pentax 135mm f2.5 lenses with me on a weekend trip to New York City. One of the nice things about living near Washington, DC is that I can grab a very inexpensive bus ride up to the city, even on a normal two day weekend. This time, I went up to meet my long-time friend Michael Williams and his family who were visiting from Australia.
 
I've already written about the photo tour I joined on that trip, hosted by NYC Photo Safaris. (Click Here) to read about that in my Whole Lotta Leica post. My choice of equipment (Leica M9 with a 1937 5.0cm f3.5 lens, the K1000, and only two prime lenses) did not match well with the class. That said, I still had some fun. Here are a couple of shots that I got using the Pentax during the tour:
 
Repeated Forms, by Reed A. George
Pentax K1000, SMC Pentax 135mm f2.5
Kodak Tmax 400 Film
Singers in Central Park, by Reed A. George
Pentax K1000, SMC Pentax 50mm f1.7
Kodak Tmax 400 Film
 
While in the city, I got a lot of walking in, as usual. I love just exploring the city. There's so much to see.
 
Storefront DJ, by Reed A. George
Pentax K1000, SMC Pentax 50mm f1.7
Kodak Tmax 400 Film
 
Hanging Out, by Reed A. George
Pentax K1000, SMC Pentax 50mm f1.7
Kodak Tmax 400 Film
 
Of course, Chinatown was one of my target locations. I love photographing in Chinatown - whether it be in NYC, San Francisco, or even the small version here in Washington, DC. There are always interesting people to meet and photograph.
 
Far Eastern Bluegrass?, by Reed A. George
Pentax K1000, SMC Pentax 50mm f1.7
Kodak Tmax 400 Film

Columbus Park Morning, by Reed A. George
Pentax K1000, SMC Pentax 50mm f1.7
Kodak Tmax 400 Film

I love how you can see the silhouette of the people practicing Tai Chi in the background on the left. The signs with Chinese characters also help to give a sense of place to this image.

And finally, here is a shot of my friends from Australia: Michael, Adele, Maddie, and Matthew (left to right).


 
Aussies in the City, by Reed A. George
Pentax K1000, SMC Pentax 50mm f1.7
Kodak Tmax 400 Film

I'm now well into February, and honestly missing my K1000, which is now back in the closet. I haven't had nearly as much time or weather to get out and shoot so far this month. I'll have to concentrate to have some results to show you for this month's Skeletons pick - the Super Ricohflex TLR. I'm sure I'll come up with something.

DMC-365.blogspot.com


 

No comments:

Post a Comment