Sunday, May 11, 2014

New Orleans Musician, Ben Walters

One of the best parts of my trip to New Orleans, a city I haven't visited in nearly thirty years, was spending some time with my friend Ben Walters. Ben moved to New Orleans some time ago, and is putting his heart and soul into his music.
 
Ben is playing in many different settings. One embodiment is The Levee Toppers, an old time string band that you just may catch busking down on Royal St. in the French Quarter any night of the week.
 
(Click Here) to find the Levee Toppers first intro CD. Buy a copy. They'll appreciate it.
 
Ben and I went for a walk on the levee near his home. I saw these twisted willow trees and knew I'd found the right place to photograph Ben in his new setting:
 
Ben Walters on the Levee, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
iso 200, f5.6, 1/200 sec., fill flash activated
Edited in Snapseed
 
 
Once again, the LX7 did a very nice job for me. I like the 16:9 aspect ratio for this particular shot.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment