Friday, May 16, 2014

Vicarious Travel, Luoyang City, China

From time to time, I see a forum post that really makes me want to see some place new, a place I've never been. This time, it's thanks to Martin Tai's post on photo.net, about Luoyang, China. He shows us several pictures of a mountainside and caves (Longmen Grottos), literally covered with an estimated 100,000 sculptures of Buddha.
 
(Click Here) to read Martin's post on photo.net.
 
Here's where Luoyang is located (thanks to Google Maps):
 
 
 
Image Source: http://photo.net/leica-rangefinders-forum/00cYk0
 
I wonder how one gets to the grottos? I've never been to China, at least beyond a short business trip to Hong Kong many years ago. I'm always amazed at the size of the country, and the diversity of regions and people there. I work with many Chinese scientists, from many different regions within the country. I enjoy talking with them about the specifics of their local areas. Languages, religions, food, all vary widely depending on where in China they live.
 
Maybe a China tour is in my future, once I get to the phase of life where I have time for such things.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment