Tuesday, May 27, 2014

New Orleans Street Poet

Performing Poet, New Orleans, by Reed A. George
Leica M6 Titan, Summilux 50mm f1.4 Titanium Lens
Ilford Delta 3200 Film
 
I really love creative people. This poet was set up in the French Quarter, and would write about anything you asked. He was asking for donations if you liked what he wrote. I very much respect him for using his creativity and skill to make a living here.
 
I asked him to write about my daughter, Christine. I only told him a few things - her age, her interests, that we are very close. He asked me to give him 15 or 20 minutes. When I returned, here's what he had written:
 
"Christine
 
The paintball warrior
with art in her blood,
jumping into the flood of
emotions, running toward
adulthood.
 
A family well in tune,
a room, a canvas,
Christine sees with an
artist's eye, drinking in
the colors and textures,
becoming the young woman she
was meant to be.
 
A Renaissance woman in training
determined to put her mark
on the world,
one ball of paint at at time"
Perfect. Couldn't be more correct.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment