Friday, June 6, 2014

Konica 50mm f1.7 Hexanon as a Portrait Lens

My uncle Bob gave me a very nice gift recently, his Konica TC-1 camera, Tokina zoom, and 50mm Hexanon AR 50mm f1.7 lens. I have not cleaned the camera up yet, but did immediately pick up a "Fotasy" adapter for Konica Hexanon lenses on Micro 4/3 cameras. This morning, I mounted up the 50 Hexanon on my Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Micro 4/3 body. Here's how it looks:
Konica 50mm Hexanon f1.7 on GX7
 
The Fotasy adapter made movement of the aperture ring on the Hexanon a little tight, but it's loosening up with exercise. I bought mine on Amazon, and the price is quite reasonable (see link to purchase yours on Amazon below).
 
With the Micro 4/3 sensor, the Hexanon provides an equivalent field of view to a 100mm lens on full frame 35mm format. A nice, fast portrait lens. Here's a shot of my daughter by window light, at f2.8.
 
My Favorite Model, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7, Konica Hexanon 50mm f1.7 Lens
iso 400, f2.8, 1/50 sec.
 
I have always loved Konica lenses. This one is no exception. I'm quite pleased with the color and sharpness of this image.
 
Thanks, Uncle Bob!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment