Monday, June 9, 2014

More New Orleans Street Art

I have a thing for artists who make their living sharing creativity on the street. This gentleman was most gracious when I asked if I could take his picture at Jackson Square in New Orleans.
 
Street Artist, New Orleans, by Reed A. George
Leica M6 Titanium, Kodak 400 Color Print Film
 
I honestly can't remember if I was using my 35mm f2 Summicron or 50mm f1.4 Summilux for this shot. I must learn to record my film shooting parameters better.
 
What attracted me to this man as a subject was the combination of beautiful morning light bouncing from his sketch pad and lighting his face, and his intense concentration on his subject. In composing the shot, I got down low, hoping to use the line of the fence to align somewhat with his line of sight. I think I achieved that reasonably well. I was able to get in and out of their way very quickly, and captured exactly what I wanted with the M6.
 
Nope, I'm not ready to give up film yet.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment