Monday, June 16, 2014

New Orleans, Latrobe Park at Sunrise

Latrobe park is dedicated to architect Benjamin Latrobe. Located in the French Market, it's on the former site of a waterworks designed by Latrobe. Now, it's a cool place to relax in the shade of a hot day, just a few steps from the Mississippi River, and on the edge of the French Quarter.
 
I was walking through on my morning exploration when the light through this statue caught my eye.
 
Latrobe Park Statue, by Reed A. George
Leica M6 Titan, Leica Summicron 35mm f2 v.3 Lens
Kodak TMax 400 Film
 
Man, I could sure spend more time in New Orleans. Friends who visited a week after me told me of the torrential rains during their trip; not a drop of rain while I was there. In fact, I'd love to shoot the city in fog and rain. Maybe my next trip to New Orleans will be selected for moodier weather.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment