Saturday, August 25, 2012

On Style, and Photographing Over-Photographed Subjects

Lotus Leaf and Water,by Reed A. George
 
 
Lotus Leaf and Water, by Reed A. George
Nikon D700, Nikkor 24-85mm f2.8-4 at 85mm
iso 100, f/16, HDR
 
I read a nice little post on thefixedfocus.com this morning about style. Specifically, it deals with flower photography.
 
(Click Here) to read the post on thefixedfocus
 
I remember several years back saying to one of my photographer buddies that I should stop taking flower pictures. My reasoning was that it had been done so much, so well. Does the world need any more flower pictures? Even good ones? Well, I think if they're REALLY good, then the answer is "yes."
 
I still shoot flowers and other overly-photographed subjects, like lotuses (above). I just think the hurdle to making a successful shot is higher with these subjects.
 
So, yes, I was wrong. I still shoot flowers. I even shoot pets on occasion, which I think is even more over-done.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment