Thursday, January 3, 2013

Foggy Morning Over the Potomac

 
View From the Bridge, by Reed A. George
Leica M9, Carl Zeiss Sonnar C 50mm f1.5 Lens
iso 200, f8, 1/30 sec
 
I had a meeting get cancelled at work this morning. So, I took a quick walk around the property. Here's one of the three shots I got, the one that I like.
 
I recently read something about rhythm and tension in composition. I like the rhythm of the trees along the shore, the round little island, and the triangular patch of light reflected on the water. The white tree and leaves leaning over, and reflected in, the river give some tension, in my opinion. The foggy atmosphere made for a low contrast image, which I also like.
 
I'm glad I got a chance to walk out and see this scene.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment