Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Never Be Afraid to Look Back Down that Stairway - Our Personal Photographic Roots

 
National Portrait Gallery Stairs, by Reed A. George
Pentax K1000, Pentax 50mm f1.7 Lens, Kodak Tmax 400 Film
 
I was reading a post on the blog EXP entitled "Photography and Self Discovery," which made me happy that I'm pursuing my "Skeletons from the Closet" project, shooting a different old camera each month, beginning with my first real camera - the Pentax K1000 used to make the shot above.
 
(Click Here) to read N. Rosales' post on EXP blog.
 
So, don't forget that my first results from Skeletons from the Closet are coming up soon. I've been shooting the K1000 this month, and have some things to share, but will post them in a few weeks, around mid February. It takes a little while to get film back... By the time you see those, I'll be well into shooting the next month's camera - a Super Ricohmat twin lens reflex medium format camera.
 
And, my first "Whole Lotta Leica" results, using the Leica M9 with a 1938 Elmar 5cm f3.5 lens, will be out before then, around February 1.
 
Stay tuned!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment