Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fabien Penso's Tour Through India, With Leica

 
By Fabien Penso
Image Source: http://blog.leica-camera.com/photographers/interviews/fabien-penso-an-indian-carnet-de-passage/
 
On the Leica blog, there's a great story of Fabien Penso, who traveled India with a Leica M9.
 
Fabien shoots up close to people, and focuses pretty much exclusively on photographing people. The shot above exemplifies what I think of when I think candids shot with a Leica.
 
Fabien typically shoots a 35mm lens, sometimes a 50. To him, a 50mm lens feels a little telephoto. Interesting.
 
Fabien also feels that you should not have to make equipment choices when traveling, so usually carries a single lens, maybe two.
 
I like this approach. I need to learn from it.
 
(Click Here) to read Fabien's full story on the Leica blog.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, I just posted a video about my Indian trip https://vimeo.com/68517374 if you want to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fabien - thanks so much!

    Reed
    DMC-365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really fun video! Made me want to ride a motorcycle again, even though I swore them off many years ago. Also makes me want to visit India.

    ReplyDelete