Sunday, July 6, 2014

And Here's the Image My Friend Picked from My New Orleans Trip

My friend James did me the amazing favor of lending me his house in New Orleans. This enabled me to spend a long weekend without any responsibilities, to explore the city. When I returned, I shared my favorite images with James, and asked him to pick one to have framed for his place, if he wanted. He chose several, and told me to surprise him with the final selection.
 
Because James felt a little funny about having his neighbors in any of the images, he selected only those without people in them.
 
Here's the one I chose to frame for him:
 

Untitled-28.jpg

Trompe O'eil, by Reed A. George
Leica M6 Titan, Leica Summicron 35mm f2 v.3 Lens
 
The subject is a Trompe O'eil (Fooling the Eye) mural, accompanied by a bronze statue of a girl. For fun, someone gave her a paper hat from Cafe Du Monde.
 
I think it's a fitting print for James' French Quarter home away from home.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment