Thursday, July 24, 2014

Magnum Workshop in Provincetown, MA - I'm Going to Apply

September 15-21, 2014 is Magnum Days at the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, MA. Along with an impressive array of lectures, reasonably priced at $15 each, they're running a week-long workshop where students get to improve their work by studying directly with a Magnum photographer.
 
New Orleans Musicians, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
iso 400, f2.8, 1/200 sec.
 
(Click Here) to go to the Magnum Days web page.
 
The workshop requires submission of a small portfolio, photographer's statement, and a non-refundable deposit. This is just the application phase, and I may not get in.
 
While I'm a big fan of Bruce Gilden and Constantine Manos, I will select David Alan Harvey or Bruno Barbey as my first choice for a mentor. Both of them have published work that fits with my interests, and shows how much I have to learn.
 
For example, (Click Here) to see Barbey's work at Magnum.
 
They only allow a maximum of 12 students per mentor, so I'd better get busy and put in my application. What a boost it will be if I get in and spend a week with this group!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment