Thursday, July 17, 2014

Belize - Fisherman and Frigate Birds at the Docks

At the dock in San Pedro, Belize, I came across this gentleman, cleaning the morning catch of snappers at the docks. These enormous frigate birds had gathered, much as you'd see seagulls and sometimes pelicans do in the US.
Sharing the Catch, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
iso 200, f5.6, 1/1600 sec.
 
In the shot below, I really like how the birds form a curve leading to the food source. To me, it looks like the image is a composite of several shots of the birds; it's not. Just good timing.
 
Frigate Birds Lining Up, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
iso 200, f5.6, 1/1000 sec.
And finally, a look at the barracuda that was lying at the fisherman's feet
 
Barracuda, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
iso 200, f5.6, 1/800 sec.
 
On the Belize trip, as in the past, I found the LX7 camera to be so capable. I sure hope Panasonic continues to market and develop the LX line of cameras. The LX7 represents a very powerful combination of compact size, full manual control, lots of imaging features, and overall image quality. If I'm going on a trip where I have to pack light, carrying just the LX7 lets me have confidence that I can capture high quality images with a very small, lightweight camera.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment