Monday, July 7, 2014

Every Once in a While, You Catch One Just Right

I spent most of last weekend shooting pictures at the River and Roots Festival in Berryville, Virginia. Using my Nikon D700, I shot a lot of photos, more than I care to edit to be honest. But, there was one that I knew as soon as the shutter clicked would be a keeper for me. Here it is:
 
 

PRT_7398.jpg

 
Danny Catches Air, by Reed A. George
Nikon D700, Nikon 180mm f2.8 AF Lens
iso 1600, f5.6, 1/250 sec.
 
My friend Danny Knicely snuck out to the front of the stage for a little mid-song dance, as he's wont to do. I was so pleased to capture him with both feet off the ground, and literally filling my frame. Just this one shot makes all the weekend shooting worthwhile to me.
 
Danny's one of the nicest guys around, and a master of the mandolin. He constantly gives back to the community, and shares his songs and his skills freely.
 
(Click Here) to check out Danny's music.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment