Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Eastern Market Flea - Mirrors, Mirrors, Mirrors

Eastern Market is a great place to do street photography in Washington, DC. In the weekend flea market, there are a couple of vendors who sell mirrors of various designs. I have shot them several times myself, and see them pop up in my friends' portfolios pretty often as well.
 
Here's one shot I made there in 2012, of my daughter looking into one of the mirrors. Hard to believe how much she's changed in the intervening two years.
 
Eastern Market Mirrors #1, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 14mm f2.5 Lens
iso 160, f8, 1/400 sec.
 
Here's a more recent shot from Eastern Market, taken last weekend.
 
Eastern Market Mirrors #2, by Reed A. George
Leica M9, Leica Summilux 50mm f1.4 Aspheric
iso 400, f5.7, 1/500 sec.
 
And no, the second image isn't of my daughter; she hasn't changed that much in two years! I like how the lady provides a nice focal point, and how my camera shows up in a couple of the mirrors, along with various parts of other bystanders.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment