Thursday, February 9, 2012

All The New Gear Announcements - I Want to Take Pictures...

 
 Soapsuds Row, Fort Reno, El Reno, Oklahoma
by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1, Lumix 14-140mm f4-5.8 at 41mm
iso100, f8, 1/160 sec

As I have admitted in the past, I am a gearhead.  But, I must admit I am ready for a break.  While the news from camera companies this week is very exciting, I really just want to get outside the house and office and shoot!

Yes, the Olympus OM-D is truly exciting.  How could it have taken so long for them to make a modern camera with the great features of the old classic?  But, now they have.  It is beautiful.

And, Nikon's new D800 is a super machine, the only one I've seen that even begins to shake my resolve in thinking my D700 is about the highest performer I could ever need.  And, at $3,000, it is three times the performance of the Leica M9, which I have lusted over for months, at 40% of the price.

There are so many choices out there.  Honestly, there are too many choices already in my closet!  I refuse to upgrade until I find a way to shoot what I have more often.  I resolve to work the Lumix G3 to its limits this year.

Maybe this is just cabin fever talking.  I certainly haven't been shooting enough.  But, it looks like Kirk Tuck is taking all the news in a similar way.

(Click Here) to read his post on the Visual Science Lab about new gear overload.  Kirk, I couldn't agree more.

DMC-365.blogspot.com

If you just can't hold back, please order that new OM-D or D800 (or anything else) by clicking through to Amazon.  I could use the support:


No comments:

Post a Comment