Sunday, August 12, 2012

How's This For a First Shot With a New Camera?

 
Image Source: http://www.mu-43.com/f42/my-first-e-m5-shot-30469/
 
Member cohomology on mu-43.com posted this first image from a new Olympus OM-D, using the Panasonic Lumix 14mm f2.5 lens. Wow. If I got this from the first shot of a new camera, I'd go buy another one just like it. Or, I'd put the original one away and only use it when I'm in a slump. The dynamic range in this image is awesome. No, I'm not count intensities or gray levels on a tiny image on the screen. I'm looking at the detail in the shadowy foreground, coupled with the bright detail in the clouds. Very nice.
 
(Click Here) to see the original post on mu-43.com
 
Inside a Tiny Sushi Shop, Tsukiji, Tokyo, Japan, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 14mm f2.5
iso 400, f2.5, 1/50 sec
 
I really enjoy the miniscule 14mm f2.5 prime lens. In addition to the classic use of a wide angle for landscapes, as cohomology uses in the top picture, I find it's great for small interior spaces. A 12mm would be even better.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

1 comment:

  1. nice shot.
    well composed.

    a 12mm at f2 would be nice, or even a 14mm at f2 would be nice.

    ReplyDelete