Thursday, August 16, 2012

Well, That Started A Conversation - Post On Returning My 12-35mm f2.8 Lens

 
Starting Early, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 12-35mm f2.8 X Lens
iso400, f4, 1/200 sec
 
I posted on dpreview that I had decided to return my Lumix 12-35mm f2.8 zoom lens. Boy, did that get responses!
 
(Click Here) to see all of the responses on dpreview
 
The only one that got me thinking much was about the ethics of returning a lens. I find this one very interesting. Yes, it's true, I did know all of the specifications before buying, and there was nothing wrong with the lens itself. However, I certainly stayed within Amazon's generous policy of being able to return something, merely because it did not suit me. I was completely honest with Amazon that I had simply changed my mind, paid the shipping both ways, and got my money back. This is why Amazon is so great. They want me to be fully satisified. If I'm not, they're willing to refund my money. So, if they're happy and I'm happy, why should anyone else question it?
 
Anyway, as I said in all of my posts, the lens itself is just fine. It's just not for me.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
I can buy with confidence here: 
 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Reed, I've read some of the comments - and the ones that struck me sad were the ones going like "You should have known FROM THE SPECS".
    Well, this is indicative on how many "photographers" today spend more time reading test charts and reviews, and don't go outside shooting: they simply form and spread an opinion based on third-hand stories.
    While their "best and baddest" cameras sits in the closet gathering dust...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea. Yes, I agree with your point. While I do admit to being a gear-head, I certainly get out and shoot every chance I get, including sunrise this morning!

    Here's to not letting those cameras sit around...

    Reed
    DMC-365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete