Image Source: http://www.43rumors.com/ft3-four-new-m43-from-panasonic/
According to a post on 43rumors, Panasonic will announce four new lenses at Photokina in September. The 35-100mm f2.8 news has been out there for a while. This could be a nice lens. I think a tele-zoom at f2.8 would be more interesting to me than the 12-35mm f2.8 turned out to be.
(Click Here) to read the original post on 43rumors.
Speculation also says that Panasonic is likely to announce a lens that competes with the new Olympus 75mm f1.8. This has me thinking - should I wait and not purchase the Olympus lens?
Reasons to NOT purchase the Olympus 75mm:
- Mega OIS (vibration reduction) will likely be included in the Panasonic lens. Since I use Panasonic bodies, and Olympus puts vibration reduction in their bodies, I won't ever get this from an Olympus lens.
- Frankly, I'd rather have a Panasonic lens.
- The Olympus lens is only available in silver.
- I've already been waiting six weeks for my Olympus order to be shipped
- Who knows exactly what Panasonic will announce? I'm convinced 75mm is a great focal length for me. If Panasonic announces a 60mm, that won't be long enough for me.
- Most importantly, when will a new Panasonic lens really be available? Probably 2013. I'm not waiting that long.
- I'm sure the Olympus lens will have wonderful build and image quality.
- I somehow doubt that Panasonic's lens will be f1.8 or faster (but that's just a guess). I want that fast f-stop.
- I'm impatient.