Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lumix 7-14mm Image

 
So Close You Can Smell Him
So Close You Can Smell Him
Image Source: 
http://kari.smugmug.com/Pictureoftheday2012/Jan-2012/i-TfChDQV/0/M/1201310046office-dog-M.jpg
Lumix DMC-GF1, Lumix 7-14mm

Let me start with an admission that will alienate me from half of my readers - I am not a dog person.  Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike dogs, I just don't need them around me.

Anyway, I have mentioned that I have a natural tendency toward telephoto lenses, and have been pushing myself over several years to get comfortable with wide angle.  Well, this one is really wide angle.  This was shot by Kari Rannisto, and posted on dpreview (Click Here).

I have been seriously considering purchasing either this lens, the 7-14mm, or the 8mm fisheye.  However, as soon as they become available, I'm going to try the new wide attachment (DMW-GWC1), which decreases the 14mm to an equivalent 11mm focal length, and the fisheye attachment (DMC-GFC1), which give 120 degree angle of view.  I'm looking forward to seeing the prices for these.  If they're reasonable, I see them as a very compact way to widen the wide end of my lens kit.  Since I don't shoot super-wide very often, I am willing to trade off some image quality for size in this area.

DMC-365.blogspot.com

Please support my blog by ordering your Amazon items through this link:


No comments:

Post a Comment