Friday, April 13, 2012

Love Gun! Something in Common to Laugh About With a Stranger.

 
Love Gun! by Reed A. George
Love Gun! by Reed A. George
Panasonic DMC-G3, Pana-Leica 45mm f2.8 Macro-Elmarit
iso160, f2.8, 1/320 sec

I've told you before that one of my objectives is to better connect with people in the places I visit. Well, here is an example.

Japan is not the easiest place in the world to meet people casually. This guy was the exception. We met in Hibiya Park in Tokyo, where we were both admiring the spring bloom (see the background). He was happy to practice a little English, and was surprised to find that I could speak a little Japanese. "You have shocked me," I believe was his expression.

Anyway, in quickly looking for things we may have in common to talk about, he brought up the rock and roll band "Kiss." He then proceeded to sing me the lyrics from their song "Love Gun," which I had all but forgotten. He was a little shy about letting me take his picture, but by the second exposure, above, he had gone back into his Paul Stanley (Kiss guitarist and vocalist) act.

It brightened my day to have this little conversation, and get this picture of him. We walked away not knowing each other's names, but both with smiles on our faces. Good fun.

DMC-365.blogspot.com

Support DMC-365 by purchasing your Amazon items through this link:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment