Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Kirk Tuck (Visual Science Lab) Returns, Renewed!

 
Martin Burke, by KirkTuck
 
Actor Martin Burke, by Kirk Tuck
Image Source: http://visualsciencelab.blogspot.com/2012/04/were-back-both-of-us-now-howdy.html#comment-form

Kirk Tuck, blogmaster at the Visual Science Lab (visualsciencelab.blogspot.com) recently took a break from writing. I must admit I was a little worried about what that meant. I've come to enjoy his blog regularly, and didn't want to see it go away.

Well, not to worry. Kirk is back, and with renewed creative drive. In this first entry since returning, Kirk discusses how he's working to add his own creative edge back to his professional photography work.

(Click Here) to read Kirk's story.

In addition to his current professional digital equipment, Kirk is now carrying a Hasselblad and single roll of black and white film. When he's met the needs of the job, he then plans to grab the 'blad and do a little more with his subjects - for his own development.

While I am not a professional by any means, I can understand Kirk's point. Focus is important, but I am feeling some loss by focusing so narrowly on Panasonic products. As you may know, I did sprinkle in a little film work recently, on an outing with fellow blogger Aboud Dweck. I need to do more of that.

I just returned from a trip to Japan, which was exclusively shot with Panasonic equipment. It served me very well. But, as I will write in the near future, I had the experience of going to a flea market in Tokyo, where I found a piece of gear from the past that really got the gears turning for me. It reminded me of a part of photography that I have not been focused on. So, you may see more from some of my other gear in the coming weeks and months.

I will not lose my focus on Panasonic equipment; it really is a great set of tools. However, if focus is important, variety is the spice of life. And I like things a little spicy.

DMC-365.blogspot.com

Support this blog by buying your Amazon items through the link below:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment