Sunday, August 18, 2013

Combining Two Loves - Science and Photography

I have just achieved a milestone. Combining my love for field science and photography, I have the incredible honor of being published in a first-rate Paleontology journal with a true leader in the field, Dr. Robert Weems. Our paper on amphibians and non-marine turtles from the miocene period was published in the July issue of the Journal of Paleontology.
 
(Click Here) to read the abstract.
 
My minor contributions to the work included two things - finding a humerus bone from a several million year old land turtle, and taking all of the photographs for the paper. Dr. Weems provided all of the scientific expertise, writing, and editing.
 
Here's the sample that I found:
 
Miocene Turtle Humerus, by Reed A. George
 
I met Dr. Weems through my association with Paleo Quest, a non-profit organization focused on education and scientific research, specifically in Paleontology.
 
(Click Here) to check out Paleo Quest.
 
What an exciting project! Thanks, Dr. Weems, for all of your assistance and support.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment