Sunday, August 25, 2013

Suryo Widjaja Shares Olympus OM-D Photos From Myanmar on Steve Huff Photo

Image Source: http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Semedi.jpg
 
Photographer Suryo Widjaja has written a guest piece on Steve Huff's blog, sharing several wonderful images he took in Myanmar in January of this year.
 
(Click Here) to read Suryo's post on Steve Huff's site.
 
Myanmar is definitely on my bucket list. I know a couple of people who've been able to gain entry to the country for tourism, and they have a lot of great things to say about the place. Anywhere that measures "Gross National Happiness" sounds okay to me.
 
Suryo reports that he took two Olympus OM-D bodies on the trip - his most-used lens was an Olympus 17mm f1.8, second was the Olympus 75mm f1.8. His 12mm saw little use. I have the 75mm f1.8, and it's a keeper.
 
I am about to take a week long vacation, and I'm planning to take my Leica M9, 35mm Summicron, and a medium telephoto (likely my Canon 135mm f3.5 LTM). This post encourages me to travel light, and my choice of lenses closely matches the field of view of Suryo's lenses on his Micro 4/3 gear. Of course, I'll carry the diminuitive Lumix DMC-LX7 as well. So much capability in such a small package simply cannot be left behind. Plus, it gives me closeup capability not available in the M9, at least not easily.
 
Suryo has shown how much you can do with two lenses. I'm impressed.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment