Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Dreaming in Monochrom(e) - Leica M4-2

More results from my experimentation with shooting my (film) Leica M4-2 exclusively with black and white film.
 
The first few are from the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum, a place that I always find challenging to photograph:
 
 
 
 
And here are a couple of shots I grabbed at our last Vienna (Virginia) coffee house meeting of local Leica enthusiasts.
 
 
I enjoy establishments that provide large tables that are shared with other parties. It just feels a lot more social to me.
 
All of these were shot with the M4-2 and Kodak TMax 400 film, processed by The Darkroom.
 
(Click Here) to visit The Darkroom. Great processing at great prices.
 
I am thoroughly enjoying this project. In terms of testing whether I really want a digital Leica Monochrom, it's been convincing, but probably not in the way you think. It's convinced me just how satisfied I can be with a great old film camera and black and white film.
 
My digital M9 is going to be coming home from Leica Service USA (where it's getting a checkup and thorough cleaning after quite a lot of use in 2013) in the next couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to having it back, but have been doing just fine with my old M4-2 in the meantime.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment