Friday, February 21, 2014

Reminder That Micro 4/3 is Capable of Low Light Excellence

 
Acoustic Burgoo, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 100-300 f4-5.6 OIS at 100mm
iso 6400, f4, 1/100 sec.
 
Lately, I've been shooting live music with cameras other than Micro 4/3. Mostly my Nikon D700, but also with Leica, and even with film.
 
I read an interesting post by Kevin Paris, where he shares a lot of live music photography from Belgium, all shot with Micro 4/3 cameras.
 
(Click Here) to read Kevin's post and click on the flickr link to see his images. He's included a lot of black and white images. I really like some of his results.
 
Anyway, this got me looking back on images I'd made with Micro 4/3. The shot above was made with several generations of Lumix sensor back - the DMC-G3. It's amazingly good for iso 6400. I can only imagine what my DMC-GX7 would do in this situation. I can only imagine because I haven't tried it. That's inexcusable, and I'll remedy that situation soon.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment