Monday, January 30, 2012

Chinese New Year - Year of the Dragon

I took my twin G3 kit to the Chinese New Year parade in DC's Chinatown yesterday (briefly).  A minor family emergency required me to leave early, but I got a few images I like.  All of these images are straight from the camera, unedited.  They were converted from raw to jpg in the upload process.
Year of the Dragon, 2012, by Lumix DMC-G3
Dragon Masks, Year of the Dragon, 2012
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 14-140mm f4-5.8 at 58mm
iso400, f5.6, 1/640 sec



Here is a shot of the Chinatown Gate:
DC's Chinatown Gate, by Lumix DMC-G3
Chinatown Gate, Washington DC
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 20mm f1.7
iso400, f5.6, 1/400 sec

It was very crowded, even before the parade officially began.  I can only imagine that it got more so.  This boy's face and costume caught my eye:
Young Participant, Chinese New Year, by Lumix DMC-G3
Young Participant
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 14-140mm f4-5.8 at 114mm
iso800, f5.8, 1/500 sec
This photo is one of those tiny glimpses of time:
Dressed Up For The Parade, by Lumix DMC-G3
Dressed for the Festival
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 20mm f1.7
iso400, f4, 1/125 sec
Happy New Year!, by Lumix DMC-G3
 Happy New Year 2012!
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 20mm f1.7
iso160, f16, 1/13 sec


DMC-365.blogspot.com

If you are interested in the DMC-G3, which I used for this post, please support me by clicking this link to Amazon!



4 comments:

  1. Nicely done, Reed. You are correct that the crowd became ponderous when the parade started. Are you convinced that IQ, in your hands, is better with the G3 than with the G1 or GF1?

    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am convinced that the G3 has high iso / low noise capability two stops or so beyond the G1/GF1. However, for shooting in good light, I'd be much harder-pressed to show a difference.

    I am planning to sell my G1, but will probably keep the GF1, if that's any indication.

    Reed
    DMC-365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reed, thanks for dropping by at my site. you have interesting blog articles here... keep bloggin' and clickin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dave,

    Likewise! Drop by often!

    Reed

    ReplyDelete