Monday, January 16, 2012

I May Have to Look at a Wider Angle Micro 4/3 Lens

I am naturally a telephoto shooter, though I have tried hard over the past few years to learn wide angle technique, with at least some success.  My widest lens on Micro 4/3 is the 14mm f2.5 Lumix, which is a great lens.  But, images like these make me think I should try a wider lens.

This was posted on mu-43user.com by Paulo Moreira:
Beautiful Wide Image by Paulo Moreira
Source: http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4094/4910746436_cdcc907640_z.jpg

Now, to be certain, I don't know what focal length it was shot at.  I suppose it could be the "long" end of the 7-14mm zoom, which is the same as my lens.  But, somehow I think this was shot wider, maybe 7mm?

With the Panasonic 7-14mm lens costing nearly $1,000, maybe I'd better make sure?  :)

Or maybe a trip to Europe would be better for getting me closer to shots like this?

Either way, I am inspired by this image.

DMC-365.blogspot.com