Sunday, April 1, 2012

Changing Blog Name, Enough Lumix - I'm Going Back To Film (Diana Style)

 
Image Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Diana_camera.jpg

Okay, I am packing for a trip, struggling with my list of camera equipment to take along. Is it my standard two DMC-G3 kit with a bunch of primes and one zoom? Should I include my new Nissin Di466 flash? Do I have all of the batteries, chargers, and cards I need? How about back-up? Can I use my wife's laptop, will the iPad suffice?

Maybe I'll minimize, and just take the DMC-LX5 this time. Seems limiting.

Well, screw it. I'm tired of all of this complexity. I'm going to change my blog name to DIANA-365.blogspot.com, throw the plastic cameras in my suitcase (one in carry-on, one in checked baggage - who cares if one disappears?), add some 400 speed drugstore film, and goodbye digital world.

I bet you can't wait to see what I come up with on this trip, can you? I'm not even going to scan. It's target scan-to-CD for me, and from now on you'll get that in all its low contrast, dusty glory.

From now on, our gear talk will be VERY basic. Hang on, though, I think Lomography sells a fisheye camera, right? Well, here I go again...

Don't delete the DMC-365 bookmark yet.

Happy April Fool's Day. See you tomorrow.

DMC-365.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. luv it luv it luv it luv it luv it luv it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck. and bring home some keepers will yah? stay safe!

    ReplyDelete