Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tyson Robichaud Writes About Creativity and Inspiration

 
BUTTerfly by Tyson Robichaud
Image Source: http://tysonrobichaudphotography.wordpress.com/2012/03/29/
avoid-the-void/#comment-1495

(Click Here) to read a recent entry on Tyson Robichaud's blog, regarding how to get out of creative ruts. I find his thoughts interesting. His approach is to grab a subject, anything interesting enough to spend some time with, and explore variations on perspective, lighting, etc.

I have a couple of other techniques I use. One is to go to a new place, without any real idea what I'm going to shoot there. This can be very hit-or-miss. In fact, you may come home more frustrated than when you left.

Another approach for me is to grab a camera, lens, or system that I haven't used in a long time. My recent post of some Rolleiflex images was a result of exactly that exercise.

Finally, I have written about the book Contemplative Photography, Seeing the World with Fresh Eyes, by Karr and Wood. I find their series of exercises very refreshing.

(Click Here) to see my post about the book and methods. By the way, I don't know the authors, or have any other connection with the book (other than I'll get a little support if you happen to order it through Amazon's link below).

Anyone else have useful ideas for breaking the creative logjam? Comments appreciated!

DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment