Saturday, July 7, 2012

Better Than Halfway Through the July Film Challenge!

 
T. Rex, Smithsonian Natural History Museum, by Reed A. George
Leica M4P, 50mm Summicron f2
 
I am on day five of the seven day film challenge, started on Rangefinder Forum.
 
(Click Here) to read more about the challenge.
 
I have been shooting Leica film cameras exclusively for this one, beginning with a Barnack-designed Leica IIIa(G) from 1937. I am visiting my parents now, shooting with a Leica CL and 3.5cm Elmar f3.5, and a Leica M4-2 with Summicron 50mm f2 and Elmarit 90mm f2.8.
 
I have been thoroughly enjoying the experience of shooting with film for several days in a row. The experience has been different every day. Starting out, on a regular work day, I was challenged to find enough to shoot to finish a roll. Now, that problem has passed. For example, I went to the rifle range with my step-dad this morning, and shot several exposures there.
 
Anyway, part of the challenge is to select three favorites, and write about the experience of using film for seven days. Hopefully, it will be hard to select three favorites. We'll see.
 
So far, so good.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment