Saturday, July 14, 2012

I Finished the July 7 Day Film Challenge - and LOVED IT!

 
Sunrise Watering, Hinton, Oklahoma, by Reed A. George
Leica M4-2, Leica Summicron 50mm f2, exposure unrecorded
 
I finished up the "one roll per day for seven day" challenge this week. The challenge was posted on the rangefinder forum.
 
(Click Here) to read more about it.
 
I was able to complete it between July 3 and 7, but it was not easy. First, it was challenging to find enough interesting things to shoot on regular workdays. Then, I got very ill on the trip to Oklahoma where the image above was shot. On two consecutive evenings, I got up at 11:30PM in a fevered haze and shot pictures around my Mom's house, just to make sure I stayed in the challenge. As it turned out, those pictures are very meaningful to me, and really remind me of exactly how badly I felt. Not exactly pretty pictures, but full of feeling for me.
 
I shot Leica film bodies the entire time. I shot a 3.5cm Elmar f3.5, 50mm f2 Summicron, 90mm Elmarit f2.8, and Canon 50mm f1.4.
 
So, now I'm considering becoming the "Panalog Photographer," mainly focusing my digital work on Lumix as before, but including a lot more analog (film) photography. Just for fun, I've posted a poll at the top of the blog page. Let me know what you think of that idea.

None of this is exclusive, and you'll still see my work with Nikon and Leica digital from time to time. The main change is that you'll see film work much more often.

So, I hope that sits well with my readers. I'm very excited about the idea.
 
I'll post my selected three images once I submit them to the challenge forum page.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment