Thursday, May 30, 2013

Some Fun With the Lumix DMC-LX7 and Snapseed

I am on the airplane, returning home from a visit with my parents in Oklahoma. I didn't do a lot of photography on this trip, but did get out for a morning hike at Roman Nose State Park, near the town of Watonga. Here's a simple shot I made of a butterfly at Roman Nose.
 
Backlit Butterfly, by Reed A. George
Panasonic DMC-LX7
 
Certainly what caught my eye in this instant was the backlighting, with the pattern showing through the thin translucent wings.
 
I thought I'd play around with this shot on my iPad, using Google's Snapseed program. Here's what I came up with:
 
After Snapseed Adjustments
 
In order to get this effect, I used one of Snapseed's vintage film colorations, cropping, and of course a custom frame. I tried not to overdo it. I find it reminiscent of cheap color print film and drugstore processing. Kind of fun.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment