Thursday, May 2, 2013

Worldwide Pinhole Camera Day - My Results

I've been out shooting my 4x5 film pinhole camera lately.
 
(Click Here) to see some of my recent shots.
 
I recently took part in Worldwide Pinhole Day, which occurred on Sunday, April 28.
 
(Click Here) to read about Worldwide Pinhole Day, and browse the gallery of results. There are some really nicely done images there, shot in everything from coffee cans to expensive cameras like the Ilford Titan. Click the Amazon link at the bottom of the page to see the Titan. I want one, but haven't decided to spring for it yet. It's a lot of money for a lensless camera, but the design is quite cool.
 
Anyway, here are my results from shooting on Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day:
 
White Horse, by Reed A. George
4x5 Pinhole Camera, Arista Edu 100 Film, 30 sec.
 
Dark Horse, by Reed A. George
4x5 Pinhole Camera, Arista Edu 100 Film, 30 sec.
 
Rushing Water, by Reed A. George
4x5 Pinhole Camera, Arista Edu 100 Film, 60 sec.
 
Still Water, by Reed A. George
4x5 Pinhole Camera, Arista Edu 100 Film, 180 sec.
 
You are only allowed to submit one image to the Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day gallery. Here is my selection:
 
On the Water, by Reed A. George
4x5 Pinhole Camera, Arista Edu 100 Film, 30 sec.
 
I like how the rushing water at the lower right contrasts with the sharp structure of the bridge. The canoe on the water in the background is the perfect addition to my composition.
 
I had some issues in developing the 4x5 sheet film. You can see the artifiacts of those issues in the first image, and maybe some others. However, that's part of the allure of shooting this way. It's truly low tech and messy. It's interesting to me how you can get a thought or message across, even using the most basic of tools - basically a wooden box with a tiny hole in it.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment