Sunday, December 21, 2014

My Favorite Shot From the Weekend

I'm been laying low lately, not going to very many live music shows. This past weekend, I got to go see one of my favorite bands, The Woodshedders, at one of my favorite venues, Barns of Rose Hill in Berryville, Virginia.
 
This was my first concert shoot with the Nikon Df. Here's my favorite shot from the evening:
 
Jesse Shultzaberger, Drummer for The Woodshedders, by Reed A. George
Nikon Df, Nikkor 50mm f1.4 AF-D
iso 4000, f2, 1/125 sec.
 
 
Pretty amazing performance at iso 4000. The Df is going to be a great concert camera for me.
 
At this show, the lights were quite low, except for those damned blue LEDs, the worst for digital photography ever. The problem with colored LEDs is that you get very high intensity in whatever color channel they match, and NOTHING in any other color. So, I usually end up converting them to black and white. Not really a problem, since I love B&W anyway. The only other thing I've found to neutralize this problem is to add a little fill flash. I didn't bring a flash to this show.
 
Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the Df's performance.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment