Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Nat Geo's Camera Wizard - Kenji Yamaguchi

 
 
 
Here's a rare look inside the genius behind some of the National Geographic images that make you think
 
"How in the world did they do that? How do you rig a camera to capture a bat flying over the water surface in complete darkness and achieve perfect focus?"
 
Sometimes it's purely a result of technique. Let's face it, those Nat Geo photographers know what they're doing. Other times, it's a matter of physically tweaking or even designing and building new equipment.
 
Kenji Yamaguchi was sent from Nikon Japan over 30 years ago to help Nat Geo customize and fabricate photographic tools to enable the amazing pictures the publication is famous for.
 
(Click Here) to read more about this camera wiz on Nat Geo's site, and watch the 3 minute video.
 
For a camera geek and photographer like me, this is right up my alley. Add in the fact that he's a Nikon guy, born and trained in Japan, and now I'm really interested. I'd love to meet Kenji and see his workshop in DC. Hmm. I wonder how I might pull that off?
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment