Sunday, June 24, 2012

Quick Notes to Add to my eBook on the DMC-G3 - Manual Focus Tip, and Still Capture During Video

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3
Image Source: http://shop.panasonic.com/dotAsset/1b37230b-19c7-46ef-8f25-c26c03bdf59d.jpg

Two features of the DMC-G3 have recently come to my attention, and need to be added to my eBook.

The first is related to focusing with manual lenses. In my eBook, I indicate that you have to press the left cursor button followed by the menu button to bring up the magnified focus aid. In fact, a much better alternative is to just push in the rear dial in toward the body of the camera. This really is a better way to do it. Thanks to reader martyvis for reminding me that it was not included in the eBook.

Second, someone asked me if the G3 is capable of capturing full resolution still images while capturing video. As I am only a casual user of the video functions, I did not know the answer. After looking into it, I see that it does have that function. Simply press the shutter release during video capture, and you have yourself a full resolution still!

DMC-365.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment