Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Shot I Just Happen to Like

Small Town At Dusk, by Reed A. George
Small Town at Dusk, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Pana-Leica Summilux 25mm f1.4
iso800, f3.5, 1/40 sec
 
 
I'm not in the mood to search the news this morning, so I thought I'd just share a shot that I happen to like. You know how sometimes you take an image, think nothing of it, but then it keeps popping up in your mind? Well, this is one of those for me.

I was with my daughter in Winchester, Virginia, and we showed up a little early for a music event. So, we walked the pedestrian street downtown, and I convinced her to pose for this shot.

How's that for using leading lines in composition? I like how the line of lamps on the brick wall mirrors an imaginary line from the vanishing point to her face. The line to her face is an implied line, one that's not really even there, but it leads the eye to her. I also like the vertical line of the painted sign on the brick wall. It puts her at an apex, a center of attention. So, I feel that it brings the viewer's focus to her, without having to make her a major fraction of the area of the image. No closeup needed. And, it will always remind me of a pretty carefree evening, walking hand-in-hand with her in smalltown, America.

Someday soon, she'll be too cool to be seen in public with her old man. But, I've got this image to help remember these days.

DMC-365.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment