Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spur of the Moment - Pentax K1000 in the Snow and Ice

I am a firm believer in having a camera (or cameras) with me at all times. For example, in my office at work, I keep a Pentax K1000 on my bookshelf. Completely functional (except for the dead battery), and with a 40-80mm SMC Pentax-M f2.8-4 lens mounted, this camera is ready to go at a moment's notice.
Pentax K1000 at the Ready, by Reed A. George
Photographed with Apple iPad Air(!)
 
A couple of weeks back, on a cold winter afternoon, the cabin fever just became too much. I loaded up a 24 exposure roll of Walgreens iso 200 film and went out to shoot the entire roll in about half an hour. Here are a few results from that outing:
 
 
 
All Shot with Pentax K1000, SMC Pentax-M 40-80mm f2.8-4 Lens
 
This little diversion really helped me get my head back into work. Every time I use the K1000 I'm reminded of my photographic beginnings, and the joy I've derived from it over the years.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment