Friday, March 14, 2014

A Nice Shot From My Nikon F and Non-AI 135mm f3.5 Nikkor Lens

I recently bought a Nikon F with plain prism from KEH. It is in "BGN" condition, which as far as I can tell means the body is in truly excellent condition, but the prism (the most valuable component) has a ding at the apex of the pentraprism. The ding has absolutely no effect on functionality, and is not all that noticeable. So, I'm quite pleased with the purchase.
 
I put a roll of color print film (Kodak 400) through it, just to test the light seals, etc. Here's one shot I happen to like.
 
Paintball Champion, by Reed A. George
Nikon F, Plain Prism, Nikkor non-AI 135mm f3.5 Lens
Kodak 400 Color Print Film
 
I picked up the non-AI 135mm f3.5 lens at a local camera store for $50, also in great condition. It's not fast, with the maximum aperture of 3.5, but it is quite sharp. It's also really compact and light.
 
I thoroughly enjoy using all of this old gear that can now be had for so little money.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment