Sunday, March 9, 2014

O'er the Beautiful Snow

It's another snowy, stormy day here in Northern Virginia as I write this. Rather than let it keep me inside, I decided to take a walk in the woods and try to capture the mood. Choosing a simple and durable setup, I grabbed my Lumix DMC-TS5 (waterproof, everything-proof compact camera) and figured out how to set long shutter speeds manually. I wanted the longest exposures I could get, so that I could get some nice motion blur as I walked.
 
In order to use 1 second (or 1/2 second in some cases), I had to hold up a 3X neutral density filter over the lens on the TS5. No problem.
 
I've set a short selection of the images (unedited jpegs from the TS5) to one of my favorite songs, "O'er the Beautiful Snow," by Melissa Wright and the Acoustic Burgoo. The mood of the song is perfect for what I wanted to portray.

 
O'er the Beautiful Snow, by Melissa Wright and Acoustic Burgoo
Images by Reed A. George

 
(Click Here) to see the slideshow set to the music (~4 minutes playing time). Be sure to have your volume up to hear the music!
 
Melissa was nice enough to give me permission to use the song for this purpose. I hope you enjoy.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment