Sunday, July 29, 2012

Panasonic Lumix 12-35mm f2.8 - My First Results - Portrait of the Artist

 
Portrait of the Artist, by Reed A. George
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix 12-35mm f2.8 Lens at 19mm
iso 400, f4, 1/500 sec
 
I saw this guy painting on-site at the Floyd Festival. He told me that his canvas had accidentally gotten a hole in it after he started the painting. Rather than worry about that, he added a few more. He was in the process of gluing on artistic features to the back, which will show through the holes. I couldn't resist, and had to ask him to take this pose for me.
 
I used the new Panasonic Lumix 12-35mm f2.8 lens all day yesterday, and must say I'm impressed. I think it's going to spend a lot of time on my camera.
 
I am finding that the focal length is a little short for portraits, at least my type of candid portraits. I feel that I have to get pretty close, even at 35mm. The 12mm end is a very nice wide angle.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment