Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Member Blue Esprit on mu-43.com Shares Some Spooky Images with Lumix DMC-GF2, Lumix 14mm f2.5, and Wide Adapter DMW-GWC1

 
Blue Esprit's Picture from mu-43.com
Skull as Focal Point, by Blue Esprit on mu-43.com
Image Source: http://www.mu-43.com/gallery/data/500/Spooky_5.jpg
 
Member Blue Esprit on mu-43.com shared a series of cool monochrome images taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2, Lumix 14mm f2.5, and DMW-GWC1 wide angle attachment.
 
(Click Here) to see the whole post by Blue Esprit on mu-43.com
 
These are the first user results I've seen with the DMW-GWC1 wide angle attachment. The image above is my favorite from the series. I love how the skull is the focal point, even though it takes up only a tiny portion of the field of view, due to the 11mm-equivalent wide angle view achieved with the DMW-GWC1 attachment.
 
Earlier, I had actually ordered the DMW-GFC1 fisheye attachment, but cancelled, thinking it was too much money for a lens converter. I must say that the wide converter seems to be a nice addition to the 14mm lens, based on Blue Esprit's results. One of the advantages of converters is that they take up less space in your camera bag.
 
For my purposes, though, I think I'd rather have a wide angle lens. Right now, my widest is the 14mm f2.5 Lumix. I do have a 12mm f5.6 Voigtlander lens in Leica thread mount, which I can adapt to my Micro 4/3 cameras, but at f5.6, the usage applications are pretty limited. Maybe I will get out and give it a try, though. I've just never pursued it. Hmm. Sounds like a worthwhile effort.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment