Monday, July 23, 2012

I've Ordered It - My First Olympus Lens. Final Check - Will It Be Compatible With My Panasonic Bodies?

 
M. ED 75mm f1.8
Olympus 75mm f1.8 Micro 4/3 Lens
Image Source: http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1622
 
 
I have preordered the new Olympus 75mm f1.8 lens. My understanding and belief is that all of the native Micro 4/3 lenses will exhibit full compatibility with my Panasonic bodies.
 
First, the lens. If you've been following my blog, you'll know that I'm lusting over both this lens and the new Lumix 12-35mm f2.8. I have also posted some examples of images I've recently taken with my Voigtlander 75mm f2.5, which have helped to convince me that 75mm is the best focal length to add to my kit. The improvements of a full stop of extra light gathering (f1.8 is really fast), and autofocus, are enough for me to take the leap.
 
I'm not that far along with the Lumix 12-35.
 
In terms of compatibility, I found a nice reference on the Panasonic website. It shows the compatibility of both native Micro 4/3 and 4/3 lenses, viewfinders, and flash units, to the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1. Since my workhorse kit is two DMC-G3s, I am convinced that compatibility will be the same. These are very similar cameras.
 
(Click Here) to see the compatibility story for the Lumix DMC-GX1 on Panasonic's site.
 
So, now it's just a matter of waiting for Amazon to ship the 75mm f1.8!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment