Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Defunct Rangefinder Blog Gains New Life - Nick DeMarco's Rangefinder Chronicles

And here's what brought it back - a "mint" Leica IIIF Red Dial and 5.0cm f3.5 Elmar.
Nick DeMarco's New IIIF
 
Nick DeMarco's blog, the Rangefinder Chronicles, has been inactive since January of this year. Recently, it got some new life breathed into it. Apparently, Nick found an essentially-new condition Leica IIIF from 1955, complete with original lens and case. So far, he's posted three different pieces about using it, including some sample images.
 
(Click Here) to read the Rangefinder Chronicles.
 
In one of his posts, Nick writes about how he set his own expectations too high when he started the blog. Believe me, I know exactly how hard it is to keep up a blog with daily entries. In fact, I find myself questioning if I'll keep it up, or in what fashion, once I've met my goal of trying daily blogging for a year. I just entered month eleven of twelve.
 
In many ways, I find blogging refreshing and informative. However, it sure takes dedication and time. Time is what I have the least of these days. But, I do believe for a blog to be useful at all, it needs frequent, regular entries. One per day is not a lot by active blog standards.
 
Anyway, I'm glad to see the Rangefinder Chronicles coming back to life. I'll be sure to follow it.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

3 comments: