Monday, November 5, 2012

Now Here's A Rumor That I Hope Is True - Lumix DMC-GX2 Will Have GH3 Sensor!

 
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
Image Source: shop.panasonic.com
 
I have pretty much decided to ship a model in the Panasonic Lumix G series - the new DMC-G5. While I really like the ergonomic design better than my G3, there doesn't seem to be enough image quality improvement to justify the upgrade. Apparently, the G5 has about one stop better dynamic range than the G3, which would certainly be welcome, but it doesn't gain much in high iso performance.
 
The newly-announced DMC-GH3, the flagship Lumix that is also a high end video machine, promises much more. The new GH3 sensor is preliminarily reported to be much better at high iso settings. While I do like the idea of being able to shoot the highest quality video, especially in my live music project, the truth is that I'm currently just not a video guy. So, I'd love to have a still photography-targeted camera with the new GH3 sensor.
 
According to a post on m43blog.com, the rumors are saying that a new DMC-GX2, with the GH3 sensor, will be announced before the end of this year.
 
(Click Here) to read the post on m43blog.
 
I would really welcome this development. The GX series is a little different from the main G line, mainly in that it does not include an integral electronic viewfinder (EVF). The GF1 (predecessor to the GX1) and the GX1 both have optional add-on finders. They're expensive, and really take away from the small size and simple shape of the camera, but EVF is essential to me. I just can't shoot by framing on an LCD. This is why I chose the G3 over the GX1. I know that I will always have the EVF mounted, so I'd rather just have it built into the body.
 
In any case, I would seriously consider getting the GX2 and accessory EVF, if it indeed uses the GH3 sensor.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 
If you can't wait, PLEASE order your GH3 here :).
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment