Saturday, November 3, 2012

Using the Lumix DMC-G3 as a Rangefinder, Revisited

I have written in the past about using my Lumix DMC-G3 and LX5 in "rangefinder fashion." See my post on June 18 of this year for more on that. I prefer to use the Lumix 20mm f1.7 lens and an optical 35mm finder, with hyperfocal settings. Others prefer different configurations.
Old French Lady, by Andrea Costa
Image Source: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7238/7203430610_719810cbce.jpg
 
 
One of my consistent readers, Andrea Costa of Italy, is doing a nice project in a similar fashion, using a DMC-G3, Pentacon Prakticar 28mm f2.8 manual focus lens, manual exposure, black and white preview, and iso 400. Andrea's goal is to shoot at least 48 exposures every week, converting them to black and white in straightforward fashion, and choosing the good ones for posting, with no further post-processing.
 
(Click Here) to see the 47 images that Andrea's posted so far, since March of this year. Here are a couple more of my favorites:
 
 
North Fountain, by Andrea Costa
Image Source: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8315/8015017715_39abef6cfc.jpg
 
 
 
Where now, by Andrea Costa
Image Source: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8179/7950018994_6ee87e7cd0.jpg
 
I am impressed with Andrea's eye. I also love the simple, straightforward approach, not relying on extensive post-processing.
 
Thank you for sharing, Andrea! I look forward to seeing more as your project develops!
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

2 comments:

  1. We (my readers and I) very much appreciate getting to see your project, Andrea!

    Reed
    DMC-365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete