Tuesday, December 11, 2012

First Report I've Seen on the New Lumix DMC-GH3

 
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
 
Digital Versus has posted a short review of the new flagship Lumix DMC-GH3 camera.
 
(Click Here) to read the whole report on Digital Versus.
 
This is not a in-depth investigation of the camera, as you may find on dpreview. I also question whether they have a production model, since they mention some pretty strange software / firmware traits, saying that they should be fixable in later versions.
 
In any case, one thing I learned is that the GH3 has a wireless connection built-in, allowing you to look at images on your cell phone, and trigger the shutter from the phone. Kind of cool. I wonder if it also allows automatic backup to and image display on the Apple iPad?
 
Amazon is listing this camera for $1299 right now, even though it's not yet in stock.
 
If the rumor about an upcoming DMC-GX2 having the same sensor is true, I'm likely to wait for the GX2. I still like my Micro 4/3 cameras to be as small as possible, while incorporating the features I desire. Of course, that will mean an auxiliary electronic viewfinder on the GX2, but I can live with that.
 
DMC-365.blogspot.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment